Last update: 14 October 2022
This shipping policy applies to every order we ship.
Felix Editions ships with several parties. Our standard partner is PostNL, which transfers parcels to your local courier service. This is generally the quickest and most reliable option. When appropriate, we choose DHL or DPD, depending on price and lead times.
We are currently in the start-up phase of our business. We now deliver to the following countries: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. If you live in another country, please email email@example.com and we will add your country as soon as possible, usually within one day. Every first customer in a new country gets a €5/$5/£5 discount on one of our paper editions.
- For our customers in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, we do not charge shipping costs.
- For our customers in France and Italy, we charge €4.95 shipping costs.
- For our customers in Spain, we charge €5.95 shipping costs.
- For our customers in the United Kingdom, shipping costs are £4.95.
- For our customers in the United States, shipping costs are $9.95.
Once your order is known to us, we will start producing it for you. We make all products on demand, in order to be as economical as possible with paper and ink. As a rule, we ship our products the same day, but if demand exceeds production capacity it can take up to 2 days. If the lead time exceeds 2 days, we will contact you to communicate the lead time. You can then choose to cancel free of charge (this is possible for all orders that have not yet been dispatched).
Your parcel will be dispatched on the day it is produced. You will be notified by e-mail.
The following times are the expected lead times used by the delivery service:
- Netherlands: 1 working day
- Belgium: 1 to 2 working days
- Germany: 2 to 3 working days
- France: 2 to 4 working days
- Italy: 2 to 5 working days
- United Kingdom: 5 to 7 working days
- Spain: 3 to 5 working days
- United States: 4 to 9 working days
You will receive a track and trace code once we have registered the parcel with the postal service. This allows you to track the journey of your parcel.